Winchester Boys
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Winchester Boys

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents) LEGO® Icons 10318 Le Concorde
169.99 € 199.99 €
Voir le deal

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !

2 participants
AuteurMessage
didi*padackles
Demon
didi*padackles

Féminin
Prénom : Didi ( Amandine )
Dernier épisode vu? : 5.19 Point Of No Return
Ton frère préféré? : Dean / Sammy
Merci : 1

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! Empty
MessageSujet: buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !   buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! EmptyDim 21 Déc - 1:35

voiçi une super interview spoiler de la scénariste Sera Gamble pour buddy tv. supernatural season 4 !!!

vous allez aimer :)

( si qlq un a le tps de traduire ce serait formidable ^^ )

voiçi la part 1

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/supernatural/exclusive-interview-with-super-25355.aspx?pollid=3001443&answer=3004806#poll3001443

Exclusive Interview with 'Supernatural' Writer Sera Gamble, Part 1
Friday, December 19, 2008
Yahoo! Buzz
The Supernatural writing staff has a lot on its plate this season. With the introduction of angels and God, there's a whole new world for the staff to figure out. In our exclusive interview with writer Sera Gamble, she explained how the show is blending the actual world of religion with the Supernatural mythology. In part 1 of our interview, Gamble also talked about the 66 Seals that need to be broken, and how working on Syns, her new Showtime pilot, will affect her job at Supernatural. Continue reading for the full transcript and to listen to our interview.

And come back to BuddyTV over the next few weeks for more of our exclusive Supernatural writer interviews, including Jeremy Carver's thoughts on writing, Ben Edlund's inspired comedy, and more from Gamble about Sam's role and what's to come for the rest of season 4.
Don't Miss
Misha Collins Discusses Life as a 'Supernatural' Being
Exclusive Video Interview: Jensen Ackles Has a Crush on Jared Padalecki
''Supernatural'' Season 4 Spoiler
Exclusive Video Interview: Jared Padalecki Talks About 'Supernatural' Season 4
A Death on 'Supernatural'
More on...Supernatural >>

This season was a little different, bringing in the religious aspect. angels, Satan, so I was wondering how you and the other writers felt about going in that new direction with the show?

We’re excited about the angels. We’re pretty into the angels. The threat of Lucifer, we don’t really see it as religious per se. Although we do use the Bible as a source, we just see it as the flip-side of the Supernatural coin because we’ve been writing about demons for four seasons now, so it was time to pull the curtain back and look and see what else was there.

How do you go about creating your own Supernatural show mythology versus using all of that actual religious stuff that exists?

We give ourselves a lot of license to draw from mythology around the world, first of all. And when it comes to the question of God, we leave ourselves a lot of room. There are characters on the show that either don’t believe in God or are very deeply agnostic. And the angels we meet on the show, they don’t have the direct Bat Phone to God. They are very low to the ground, they are soldiers working on Earth. So we’ve constructed a mythology that’s really not about God, it’s about a war that’s happening here on planet Earth between a few angels and some demons and then our characters, the Hunters, who are sort of caught in the middle.

Are you constantly looking in new books to learn about demon lore?

Yeah, I pretty much exhausted Amazon by now. I’m very excited when a new book about demons comes out. And we Google all the time. We have assistants on our staff who spend a lot of time researching. The Book of Revelations has been important to us this season, obviously because it talks about what might happen should the apocalypse occur. But there are demons and demonic creatures in about every civilization in the world, so there’s a big pile of stuff for us to draw from. There’s a lot.

The premise now is that Lilith trying to break the 66th seals, and do the writers know how many seals have been broken or what the count is at throughout the season?

We have sort of a tally, a rough tally going up on the board. So we know where we’re at at different points of the season. Yeah, the sort of "How F’ed are the Boys" tally. Yeah, we keep track.

It’s more than just the seals that we see on the episode, it’s not going to be 66 episodes, each one a seal.

Yeah, the promise we made to our audience was that you weren’t going to have to sit through 66 episodes wondering if each seal was going to be broken. We did an episode where you met a character called Anna who was hearing the voices of angels, and one of the things that she revealed was that there were more than 66 possible seals. So it’s a question of which seals can the demons get to and which seals can the demons break. And there’s an important point in the season, where it’s revealed that a halfway point is being reached where half of the seals are going to be broken or have been broken. And we kind of keep track of it that way. It’s sort of the ticking clock of the season, so it’s important in that sense.

So the halfway point, that’s coming up in an upcoming episode? So we haven’t reached the half way point in the first 10?

You know that’s a good question to ask a writer/producer on the show. I can’t remember now which episode they say that in. That’s terrible, isn’t it? I don’t even remember if we’ve said that yet or if it’s a spoiler. I’ve just been in the room all day working on episode 19, so I know it happens before episode 19. I’ll put it that way. I’m going to get busted now on the message boards for not remember exactly which episode that happens in. But I know we get past the halfway point somewhere around halfway through the season.

Well there’s been 10 episodes, and I don’t remember hearing that yet.

OK, well then I’ll put it that way. That’s a big marker. That’s a big way for them to keep track. If half the seals go, that’s a big deal. But no, we’re not going like "Here’s the 23rd seal and here’s the 24th seal." That would be a bit ponderous I think. This season is constructed so by the end of the season, the endgame of the season is "Are they going to be able to save us from having these seals broken or not?" Kind of like how in previous seasons it’s like "Is Dean going to get saved from Hell or is he going to Hell?" So it’s "Are we going to be able to avert the apocalypse?"

Eric Kripke has said there’s a five-season plan, so that would mean next season would be the last one. Is that still in effect? Is that still in the writers' minds? That this is the set-up and then next season is the final season?

I’ve never heard it spoken of seriously in any other way by Eric. He’s always had a five-year plan, and the sort of skeleton of the over-arching story we’re telling has always been explained in terms of the five seasons. There have been many points along the way where we didn’t think it would make it to five seasons. We had a plan in place to end this season when we thought we weren’t going to get renewed for another season. But it became clear, pretty early on, that a lot more people were tuning in to see the show this year so that we should move forward with the five-year plan.

It was recently announced you’re creating a new pilot for Showtime, so how will that affect your role on Supernatural?

Well first of all, as far as I know there has been no official Supernatural pick-up. There are constantly rumors going around, but if there’s been an official pick-up, I haven’t seen the champagne bottles. I’ll be the first one to be doing a little dance on the Warner Brothers lot. But you know, people develop shows all the time. This is something I’m developing while working on the show. There are so many steps between sitting down to write a script that you’re developing for a network and something actually being on the air, especially when you’re doing something for cable.

This could be a really happy process that takes a few months or it could be something protracted that takes years or it could be something that dies on the vine at any point, so it’s just impossible for me to predict what that means in the future. And so it doesn’t actually have any immediate bearing on my job at Supernatural, besides the fact I have another job to do in the evenings.

So you talked a bit about the message boards and about getting in trouble with those fans because, these are very rabid fans who look at every little detail. So do you follow anything the fans are saying or how they’re reacting?

I occasionally will go on a message board to take the general temperature after an episode airs. I wouldn’t say that I follow things too closely, I do hear about things from other writers and from other assistants as well. So if something is having a strong reaction, I will probably hear about it. You know, it’s a delicate balance, between respecting your fans and your audience and really wanting to make a show for them, and also needing to tell the story that you’ve set out to tell.

And for me, that means fulfilling Eric’s vision. I’m on the staff of his show. So I’m a little bit speaking as part of this larger brain. So in terms of how much we’re influenced by it, I think we have to listen with love and then continue to tell the story we need to tell some of the time. That’s difficult, that’s not an easy thing to do. And then there have also been several times over the past few seasons where I’ve seen course corrections happen based in part on fan response to certain story elements or characters.

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! 197610 buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! 197610

Dernière édition par Didi*Ackles le Jeu 8 Jan - 20:54, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.forever-jensen.skyrock.com
jade196
Exorcisted
jade196

Féminin
Dernier épisode vu? : Saison 4 en cours
Ton frère préféré? : Les deux ?...
Merci : 0

MessageSujet: Re: buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !   buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! EmptyDim 21 Déc - 18:33

Traduction ! merci Didi de l'avoir posté !

L'équipe de scénaristes de SN a beaucoup à faire cette saison. Avec l'introduction des anges et de Dieu dans la série, le staff a un tout nouveau monde à écrire. Dans notre interview exclusive avec la scénariste Sera Gamble, elle nous explique comment la série mélange le monde de la religion et la mythologie de SN. Dans la première partie de l'itv, Gamble parle aussi des 66 sceaux qui doivent être brisés et de la manière dont son travail sur Syns, son nouveau pilote de série, va affecter son travail sur SN.

Cette saison est un peu différente, avec l'aspect religieux, les anges, Satan et je me demandais comment vous et les autres scénaristes ressentiez le fait d'aller dans cette nouvelle direction ?

On est très excités au sujet des anges. On est assez enthousiaste à ce sujet. La menace de Lucifer n'est pas quelque chose qu'on voit comme intrinsèquement religieux. Bien qu'on utilise la Bible comme source, on le voit comme le côté face de la pièce parce qu'on écrit des histoires au sujet de démons depuis quatre saisons maintenant et il était temps de retirer le rideau et de voir ce qu'il y avait d'autre.

Comment faites-vous pour créer votre propre mythologie SN et utiliser toute la matière religieuse qui existe?

Tout d'abord on se donne beaucoup de liberté pour créer à partir des mythologies du monde entier. Et quand il s'agit de la question de Dieu, on se laisse beaucoup de liberté. Il y a des personnages de la série qui, soit ne croient pas en Dieu, soit sont vraiment agnostiques. Et les anges qu'on rencontre dans la série n'ont pas de lien de communication directe avec Dieu. Ils sont en bas de l'échelle, ce sont des soldats qui travaillent sur Terre. On a donc construit une mythologie qui n'est pas vraiment au sujet de Dieu mais au sujet d'une guerre qui a lieu ici sur la planète Terre entre quelques anges et quelques démons et avec nos personnages, les chasseurs, qui se retrouvent en quelque sorte au milieu.

Consultez-vous constamment de nouveaux livres pour en apprendre plus au sujet des démons?

Oui, j'ai épuisé Amazon jusqu'à maintenant. Je suis très excitée quand un nouveau livre sur les démons sort. Et on utilise Google tout le temps. On a des assistants dans le staff qui passent beaucoup de temps à faire des recherches. Le Livre des Révélations a été très important cette saison, évidemment parce qu'il parle de ce qui pourrait se passer si l'apocalypse devait avoir lieu. Mais il existe des démons et des créatures démoniaques dans presque chaque civilisation du monde et donc on a une grosse pile d'informations dans lequel on peut puiser.

Le prémisse maintenant est que Lilith essaie de briser les 66 sceaux. Est-ce que les scénaristes savent combien de sceaux ont été brisés ou savent où en est le compte durant la saison?

On a une espèce de compte, un compte approximatif. On sait donc où nous en sommes aux différents points de la saison. Oui, on suit le compte.

C'est plus que les sceaux que nous voyons dans les épisodes, il n'y aura pas 66 épisodes portant chacun sur un sceau.

Oui, la promesse qu'on a faite au public était que vous n'allez pas devoir regarder 66 épisodes et vous demander si chaque sceau allait être brisé. On a fait un épisode où on rencontre un personnage nommée Anna qui entend les voix des anges et une des choses qu'elle a révélées était qu'il y avait plus de 66 sceaux possibles. La question est donc de savoir quels sceaux les démons pourront atteindre et lesquels ils pourront briser. Et il y a un point important dans la saison où il est révélé qu'un point à mi-chemin est atteint lorsque la moitié des sceaux seront brisés. Et on suit en quelque sorte le compte de cette façon. C'est en quelque sorte le compte à rebours de la saison.

Ce point à mi-chemin arrivera dans un futur épisode? On n'a donc pas atteint ce point dans les 10 premiers épisodes?

Vous savez, c'est une bonne question. Je n'arrive pas à me souvenir dans quel épisode ils le disent. C'est terrible, n'est-ce pas? Je ne me souviens pas si nous l'avions déjà dit ou si c'est un spoiler. J'ai passé toute la journée dans la salle à travailler sur l'épisode 19, et je sais donc que ça arrivera avant l'épisode 19. Je le dirai comme ça. Je vais me faire incendier maintenant dans les forums parce que je ne me souviens plus exactement dans quel épisode ça se passera. Mais je sais que l'on passera ce point quelque part en milieu de saison.

Il y a eu déjà 10 épisodes, et je ne me souviens pas d'avoir entendu ça déjà.

Ok, je le dirai comme ça alors. Ce point est un grand repère. Si la moitié des sceaux sont brisés, c'est un gros problème. Mais on ne va pas faire quelque chose comme “ça c'est le 23e sceau, et ça le 24e.” Ca serait un peu trop réfléchi je pense. Cette saison est construite de manière à ce qu'à la fin de la saison, la question ultime soit “vont-ils être capables d'empêcher ces sceaux d'être brisés?” Un peu comme dans les saisons précédentes, la question était “est-ce que Dean sera-t-il sauvé ou ira-t-il en Enfer?” Donc maintenant c'est “vont-ils être capables d'empêcher l'apocalypse?”

Eric Kripke a dit que le plan était de faire 5 saisons, ça voudrait dire que la prochaine saison est la dernière. Est-ce toujours d'actualité? Est-ce toujours dans l'esprit des scénaristes? Qu'on se prépare à ce que la prochaine saison soit la dernière?

Je n'ai jamais entendu Eric en parler sérieusement d'une manière ou d'une autre. Il a toujours prévu de faire 5 saisons et l'intrigue qu'on raconte a toujours été pensé en ces termes. Il y a eu de nombreux moments où on n'a pas pensé qu'on arriverait à 5 saisons. On avait un plan pour finir cette saison quand on pensait qu'on n'allait pas être renouvelé pour une autre saison. Mais il est clair que beaucoup plus de gens ont regardé la série, si bien qu'on devrait avancer avec ce projet d'une 5e saison.

On a annoncé récemment que vous étiez en train de créer un nouveau pilote pour la chaine Showtime, commet cela va-t-il affecter votre rôle sur SN?

Tout d'abord, d'après ce que je sais, il n'y a pas eu de renouvellement officiel de SN. Il y a toujours des rumeurs à ce sujet mais s'il y effectivement eu une annonce officielle, je n'ai pas vu les bouteilles de champagne. Je serai la première à danser dans les locaux de la Warner Brothers. Mais vous savez, les gens développent des séries tout le temps. C'est ce que je fais tout en travaillant sur la série. Il y a tellement d'étapes entre écrire un script à développer pour une chaine et travailler sur un show déjà diffusé, surtout quand c'est c'est pour une chaine cablée.

Il est possible que ça soit un processus au dénouement heureux qui prendrait quelques mois ou quelque chose de très long qui prendrait des années, ou encore un projet qui peut mourir à n'importe quel moment. C'est juste impossible de prédire l'avenir de ce projet. Ça n'a donc pas d'effet immédiat sur mon travail sur SN à part le fait que je travaille sur autre chose le soir.

Vous avez un peu parlé des forums et d'avoir des problèmes avec ces fans parce que ce sont des fans très dévoués qui regardent chaque détail. Est-ce que vous suivez les réactions des fans?

Je vais de temps en temps sur les forums pour prendre la température générale après la diffusion d'un épisode. Je ne dirais pas que je suis les choses de près, j'entends dire des choses par les autres scénaristes et assistants. Donc s'il y a eu une énorme réaction sur quelque chose, je suis généralement au courant. Vous savez, c'est équilibre délicat, entre le respect des fans et du public et de réellement vouloir leur faire un show mais aussi de raconter l'histoire que vous voulez raconter.

Et pour moi, ça signifie accomplir la vision d'Eric. Je fais partie du staff de son show. Je parle donc un peu en tant que membre de ce groupe. En termes d'influence par les fans, je pense que nous devons écouter avec amour et ensuite continuer à raconter l'histoire telle que nous la devons. C'est difficile, ce n'est pas chose facile. Et il y a eu parfois des moments au cours des saisons précédentes où nous avons apporté des corrections en partie en raison de la réaction des fans à certains éléments de l'intrigue ou des personnages.

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! Spnhel10
didi*padackles
Demon
didi*padackles

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !   buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! EmptyMar 23 Déc - 21:29

rho woaw !! j'aime trop !

mille merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii jade !! et de rien c'est un plaisir de tj apporter ces petites interview qu'on aime tant :)

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! 197610 buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! 197610
didi*padackles
Demon
didi*padackles

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !   buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! EmptyMer 14 Jan - 23:29

et voiçi la part 2

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/supernatural/exclusive-interview-with-super-25696.aspx

Exclusive Interview with 'Supernatural' Writer Sera Gamble, Part 2
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Yahoo! Buzz
In the second half of BuddyTV’s exclusive interview with Supernatural writer Sera Gamble, we asked her about the show’s future, and she delivered. Aside from discussing upcoming episodes, Gamble also addressed fan concerns about Sam’s role in season 4, explaining that it’s because the angels “appear at times to be so much more connected to Dean.”

Gamble also described her favorite writing experience on Supernatural and offered a preview of several upcoming episodes, including one that features Dean, a soy latte, and a Prius. Trust me when I tell you it’s not what you think. Continue reading for a transcript and to listen to the full interview.
Don't Miss
TV Guide Drops CW Shows from Listings
Exclusive Interview with 'Supernatural' Writer Jeremy Carver

Read More
Exclusive Interview with Jeremy Carver
Exclusive Interview with Ben Edlund
Exclusive Interview with Sera Gamble, Part 1

We asked all the fans at BuddyTV to submit any questions they had and a lot of them seemed to be a little concerned with Sam and his storylines. They think he's being overshadowed by Dean. So I'm wondering if in the second half, is there going to be a focus on Sam?

That's interesting. I find the whole polarization that happens, where a viewer might attach to one character over the other, to be interesting. I often get asked the question, which of the characters I like better. And it is so impossible for me to separate them. You know when I'm sitting down to break an episode of the story, I think of them as a unit or as sort of two cogs that work together. And I think we really see them that way, we see them as two components of a greater story at all times. So, that said, I think especially because the angels have been such a flashy and successful new element of the storyline, and they appear at times to be so much more connected to Dean--that might kind of magnify his light in season four a little bit.

I personally have written a lot of stuff for Sam this season. It's hard for me to put myself in this mindset because I've written so much material for Sam lately. But I guess the best way that I can answer that question is to say that there is a serious arc for Sam in the second half of the season. And we have an endpoint that we're headed towards. And it's serious. It's fairly substantial and it's something that we've built into the first half. Now, we had to deal with Dean coming out of hell in the first several episodes, that's true. So, you know, there's a shift.

Not to go on about this too long, but I also think one thing that is interesting is the two characters really deal with stuff differently. I think Sam's kind of way of dealing with stuff it turns out, he becomes more and more internal and he talks less about stuff as time goes on. He becomes more and more of a guy about it, the older he gets and the more he sees. It's interesting to write him that way because he says less, but I don't consider that to be the same thing as disappearing from the script. I think, especially if you watch Jared's performance, I think it's interesting to see how much he's saying in the scenes where ostensibly the focus might be on another character who's saying more. There's a Sam story going on as well.

Do you have a favorite episode that you've written?

That's a good question. There's a lot of episodes that I'm fond of. I guess I look at all of the episodes and I see stuff I would do different in retrospect, of course. But there's an episode way back in season 2 that I think I will always look back really fondly on, it's "Crossroad Blues." That was really one of my favorite writing experiences just because I got to listen to this music that was the real music of Robert Johnson when I was writing the episode and I got to write a real historical character into the show. And introduce so much of the mythology of Crossroads Demon that ended up being so vital to the mythology. It was a long time ago, that episode. I hold that one near and dear to my heart. And we have posters of Robert Johnson around the office.

We've seen the first 10 and you said you were on number 19, so I'm not if you remember back to 11 or 12 or the one's we're about to see.

I do! I can tease them for you. We have a haunted house kind of episode coming up that has a twist to it. I can't reveal the twist, except to say that it squicks me out, probably more than almost any twist that we've had-- it's just so squicky to me. We're doing an episode that flashes back to Sam and Dean in high school, which is pretty interesting. We're doing an episode coming up with magicians. Magicians of like the card trick, sleight-of-hand kind, not the wizard kind.

And that's the much ballyhooed "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" episode, I believe.

Yes! I can't believe that that title actually stayed on the episode. A lot of episode titles have remained that began as jokes, and then continued and continued and continued and are now the title of the episodes. And I'm proud of us for that. And I'm especially proud of Eric and Julie Siege, because that's her episode. But yeah, we have that episode coming up and there will be more with the angels. There will be some development there.

I just wrote an episode that I had such a good time writing because it was a chance for me to have a little bit of a departure. I've written some pretty heavy episodes, asking Jensen and Jared to really dig deep and emote a lot and think about the times that their dogs and cats died, because there’s a lot of death in those episodes, and this is a much lighter, more case-driven episode. I guess I can just say that it opens on Dean drinking an organic soy-milk latte and driving a Prius...and seeming perfectly happy about it.

I hope that it turns out well, I know that I had a really really good time writing it. I mean, it sounds comedic and there are certainly some comedic elements to it, but it wasn't written just for laughs, it was written with something more serious in mind as well. But I had such a good time writing an episode that didn't have any like, "And your mother was killed by demons... And your father abandoned you...And you hang out with demons too much." It was just very much about the relationship between the brothers and this completely insane case that they are on.

If I seem a little bit out of it, I mean even stringing a complete sentence together is a little bit challenging for me at this point in the day, because I've spent the past couple of weeks, at least a week and a half, working with one of the other writers on their episode in which Sam and Dean discover a book series entitled Supernatural about the adventures of two demon hunters called Sam and Dean.

Is this going to be another "Hollywood Babylon," ultra-meta episode?

Listen, "Hollywood Babylon" does not begin to be meta compared to what I did. We might actually win the award for the most meta episode in the history of television. It is at once the most self-referential thing I've ever had to think about and then actually it's also a really relevant episode to the season. We weren't going to do it unless we could seriously justify it in terms of what was going on with the rest of the season. I think that we've had some really successful comedic episodes, Ben Edlund for example, I think is a brilliant creative mind in that way. And we also have this very quickly moving train in terms of our mythology at this point in the season, so whatever we do has to serve both things at this point. And that episode, luckily does. But oh my god, I feel like I've been in a hall of mirrors.

jade196
Exorcisted
jade196

Féminin
Dernier épisode vu? : Saison 4 en cours
Ton frère préféré? : Les deux ?...
Merci : 0

MessageSujet: Re: buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !   buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! EmptyJeu 15 Jan - 22:27

Didi*Ackles a écrit:
et voiçi la part 2

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/supernatural/exclusive-interview-with-super-25696.aspx

Exclusive Interview with 'Supernatural' Writer Sera Gamble, Part 2
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Yahoo! Buzz
In the second half of BuddyTV’s exclusive interview with Supernatural writer Sera Gamble, we asked her about the show’s future, and she delivered. Aside from discussing upcoming episodes, Gamble also addressed fan concerns about Sam’s role in season 4, explaining that it’s because the angels “appear at times to be so much more connected to Dean.”

Gamble also described her favorite writing experience on Supernatural and offered a preview of several upcoming episodes, including one that features Dean, a soy latte, and a Prius. Trust me when I tell you it’s not what you think. Continue reading for a transcript and to listen to the full interview.
Don't Miss
TV Guide Drops CW Shows from Listings
Exclusive Interview with 'Supernatural' Writer Jeremy Carver

Read More
Exclusive Interview with Jeremy Carver
Exclusive Interview with Ben Edlund
Exclusive Interview with Sera Gamble, Part 1

We asked all the fans at BuddyTV to submit any questions they had and a lot of them seemed to be a little concerned with Sam and his storylines. They think he's being overshadowed by Dean. So I'm wondering if in the second half, is there going to be a focus on Sam?

That's interesting. I find the whole polarization that happens, where a viewer might attach to one character over the other, to be interesting. I often get asked the question, which of the characters I like better. And it is so impossible for me to separate them. You know when I'm sitting down to break an episode of the story, I think of them as a unit or as sort of two cogs that work together. And I think we really see them that way, we see them as two components of a greater story at all times. So, that said, I think especially because the angels have been such a flashy and successful new element of the storyline, and they appear at times to be so much more connected to Dean--that might kind of magnify his light in season four a little bit.

I personally have written a lot of stuff for Sam this season. It's hard for me to put myself in this mindset because I've written so much material for Sam lately. But I guess the best way that I can answer that question is to say that there is a serious arc for Sam in the second half of the season. And we have an endpoint that we're headed towards. And it's serious. It's fairly substantial and it's something that we've built into the first half. Now, we had to deal with Dean coming out of hell in the first several episodes, that's true. So, you know, there's a shift.

Not to go on about this too long, but I also think one thing that is interesting is the two characters really deal with stuff differently. I think Sam's kind of way of dealing with stuff it turns out, he becomes more and more internal and he talks less about stuff as time goes on. He becomes more and more of a guy about it, the older he gets and the more he sees. It's interesting to write him that way because he says less, but I don't consider that to be the same thing as disappearing from the script. I think, especially if you watch Jared's performance, I think it's interesting to see how much he's saying in the scenes where ostensibly the focus might be on another character who's saying more. There's a Sam story going on as well.

Do you have a favorite episode that you've written?

That's a good question. There's a lot of episodes that I'm fond of. I guess I look at all of the episodes and I see stuff I would do different in retrospect, of course. But there's an episode way back in season 2 that I think I will always look back really fondly on, it's "Crossroad Blues." That was really one of my favorite writing experiences just because I got to listen to this music that was the real music of Robert Johnson when I was writing the episode and I got to write a real historical character into the show. And introduce so much of the mythology of Crossroads Demon that ended up being so vital to the mythology. It was a long time ago, that episode. I hold that one near and dear to my heart. And we have posters of Robert Johnson around the office.

We've seen the first 10 and you said you were on number 19, so I'm not if you remember back to 11 or 12 or the one's we're about to see.

I do! I can tease them for you. We have a haunted house kind of episode coming up that has a twist to it. I can't reveal the twist, except to say that it squicks me out, probably more than almost any twist that we've had-- it's just so squicky to me. We're doing an episode that flashes back to Sam and Dean in high school, which is pretty interesting. We're doing an episode coming up with magicians. Magicians of like the card trick, sleight-of-hand kind, not the wizard kind.

And that's the much ballyhooed "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" episode, I believe.

Yes! I can't believe that that title actually stayed on the episode. A lot of episode titles have remained that began as jokes, and then continued and continued and continued and are now the title of the episodes. And I'm proud of us for that. And I'm especially proud of Eric and Julie Siege, because that's her episode. But yeah, we have that episode coming up and there will be more with the angels. There will be some development there.

I just wrote an episode that I had such a good time writing because it was a chance for me to have a little bit of a departure. I've written some pretty heavy episodes, asking Jensen and Jared to really dig deep and emote a lot and think about the times that their dogs and cats died, because there’s a lot of death in those episodes, and this is a much lighter, more case-driven episode. I guess I can just say that it opens on Dean drinking an organic soy-milk latte and driving a Prius...and seeming perfectly happy about it.

I hope that it turns out well, I know that I had a really really good time writing it. I mean, it sounds comedic and there are certainly some comedic elements to it, but it wasn't written just for laughs, it was written with something more serious in mind as well. But I had such a good time writing an episode that didn't have any like, "And your mother was killed by demons... And your father abandoned you...And you hang out with demons too much." It was just very much about the relationship between the brothers and this completely insane case that they are on.

If I seem a little bit out of it, I mean even stringing a complete sentence together is a little bit challenging for me at this point in the day, because I've spent the past couple of weeks, at least a week and a half, working with one of the other writers on their episode in which Sam and Dean discover a book series entitled Supernatural about the adventures of two demon hunters called Sam and Dean.

Is this going to be another "Hollywood Babylon," ultra-meta episode?

Listen, "Hollywood Babylon" does not begin to be meta compared to what I did. We might actually win the award for the most meta episode in the history of television. It is at once the most self-referential thing I've ever had to think about and then actually it's also a really relevant episode to the season. We weren't going to do it unless we could seriously justify it in terms of what was going on with the rest of the season. I think that we've had some really successful comedic episodes, Ben Edlund for example, I think is a brilliant creative mind in that way. And we also have this very quickly moving train in terms of our mythology at this point in the season, so whatever we do has to serve both things at this point. And that episode, luckily does. But oh my god, I feel like I've been in a hall of mirrors.

Traduction !

on a demandé à tous les fans sur Buddytv de nous soumettre toutes leurs quesrtion et beaucoup d'entre eux s'inquiètent pour Sam et ses intrigues. Ils pensent qu'il est éclipsé par Dean. Je me demandais si dans la deuxième moitié de la saison, l'attentio se portera su Sam?

C'est intéressant. Je trouve la polarisation intéressante, lorsqu'un spectateur s'attache à un personnage plutôt qu'à l'autre. On me pose souvent la question de savoir quel personage je préfère. Et il est impossible pour moi de les séparer. Vous savez, quand je m'asseois pour décomposer un épisode de l'histoire, je pense à aux comme à un tout ou deux éléments qui travaillent ensemble. Et je pense qu'on les voit vraiment de cette manière, on les voit comme deux composants d'une très grnade histoire. Ceci dit, je pense que, parce que les anges ont été un nouvel élément réussi de l'histoire et parce qu'ils apparaissent être plus connectés à Dean, ça le met en quelque sorte un peu plus en avant cette saison.

J'ai personnellement écrit beaucoup de choses pour Sam cette saison. C'est dur pour moi de me mettre dans cet état d'esprit parce que j'ai déjà écrit tellement de choses pour lui ces derniers temps. Mais je suppose que la meilleure manière de répondre à cette question est de dire qu'il y a un arc sérieux pour Sam dans la deuxième moitié de la saison. Et il y a un point final vers lequel on se dirige. Et c'est sérieux. C'est assez important et c'est quelque chose qu'on a construit dans la première moitié de la saison. Maintenant, on a dû s'occuper de Dean sortant de l'enfer dans les premiers épisodes, c'est vrai. Mais vous savez, il y aura un changement.

Je ne vais pas rester dessus trop longtemps mais je pense aussi qu'il est intéressant de voir que les deux personnages traitent différemment les choses. Il s'avère que Sam intériorise de plus en plus et parle moins des choses avec le temps. Il devient plus mâle, avec l'âge et les choses qu'il voit. C'est intéressant d'écrire pour lui de cette manière parce qu'il en dit moins mais je ne considère pas ça comme disparaitre du script. Je pense que, si vous regardez la performance de Jared, c'est intéressant de voir sa manière de dire les choses dans les scènes où l'attention est ostensiblement sur un autre personnage qui parle plus. L'intrigue de Sam se déroule aussi.

Quel est votre épisode préféré parmi ceux que vous avez écrit?

C'est une bonne question. Il y a beaucoup d'épisodes que j'adore. Je pense en regardant tous les épisodes que je vois des choses que j'aurai faites différemment après coup, bien sûr. Mais il y a un épisode de la saison 2 qu' j'apprécie vraiment beaucoup, c'est “Crossroad Blues”. C'est l'une de mes expériences d'écriture préférées, parce que j'ai écouté la musique qui était la véritable musique de Robert Johnson pendant l'écriture de l'épisode, et d'ai dû écrire pour un véritable personnage historique dans la série. C'était il y a longtemps. Il reste près de mon coeur. Et on a des posters de Robert Johnson dans le bureau.

On a vu les 10 premiers épisodes et vous avez dit être sur le 19, je ne sais pas si vous vous souvenez du 11 ou 12 ou des autres qu'on va voir.

Oui, je me souviens. Je peux vous en parler. On a un épisode dans le genre maison hanté qui contient un rebondissement. Je ne peux pas le révéler sauf pour dire qu'il me rend malade, probablement plus que les autres rebondissements. On a un épisode qui revient sur la période du lycée ce qui est assez intéressant. On fait un épisode sur des magiciens. Des magiciens qui font des tours de cartes, pas du genre sorcier.

C'est l'épisode “Criss Angel is a Douche Bag” très médiatisé , je crois.

Oui! J'arrive pas à croire que le titre est resté. Beaucoup de titres d'épisodes sont restés alors que ça a commencé par des blagues. Et je suis fière de nous pour ça. Et je suis particulièrement fière de Eric et de Julie Siege, parce que c'est son épisode. Mais oui, cet épisode approche et il y aura plus d'anges. Il y aura de l'avancement.

Je viens d'écrire un épisode avec lequel j'ai passé un bon moment parce que c'était l'occasion pour moi de faire une rupture. J'ai écrit quelques épisodes difficiles, demandant à Jensen et Jared de creuser profondément dans leurs émotions, parce qu'il y a eu beaucoup de morts dans ces épisodes et celui-ci est plus léger, pus motivé par une affaire traditionnelle. Je peux juste dire qu'il s'ouvre avec Dean buvant un lait de soja bio et conduisant une Prius...et qui semble heureux comme ça.

J'espère que ça ira bien, je sais que j'ai passé un bon moment en l'écrivant. Ça semble comique et il y a des éléments comiques mais il n'a pas été écrit juste pour faire rire mais pour quelque chose de plus sérieux aussi. Mais j'ai passé un très bon moment à écrire un épisode qui n'était pas du genre, “ta mère a été tuée par des démons... et tonpère t'a abandonné... et tu sors trop avec des démons.” c'est au sujet de la relation entre les frères et de cette affaire que laquelle ils enquêtent.

Si j'ai l'impression d'être à côté de la plaque, c'est-à-dire même enchainer une phrase semble difficile pour moi à ce moment de la journée, c'est parce que j'ai passé les deux dernières semaines, au moins une semaine et demi, à travailler avec un des autres scénaristes sur leur épisode dans lequel Sam et Dean découvrent un livre intitulé Supernatural sur les aventures de deux chasseurs de démons du nom de Sam et Dean.

Est-ce que ça va être un autre “Hollywood Babylon”, un épisode auto-référent?

“Hollywood Babylon” n'est même pas auto-référent comparé à ce que j'ai fait. On pourrait même gagner la récompense pour l'épisode le plus auto-référent de l'histoire de la télévision. C'est d'abord la chose la plus auto-référente à laquelle j'ai dû réfléchir et c'st aussi un épisode très pertinent de la saison. On n'allait pas le faire à moins de ne pouvoir le justifier réellement par rapport à ce qui se passe dans le reste de la saison. Je pense qu'on a eu des épisodes très comiques, Ben Edlund par exemple, que je trouve très créatif. Et on a aussi ce rythme rapide par rapport à la mythologie à ce point de la saison, donc tout ce qu'on fait doit servir les deux choses. Et cet épisode le fait heureusement. Et , oh mon dieu, j'ai l'impression d'avoir été dans un couloir plein de miroirs.

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! Spnhel10
didi*padackles
Demon
didi*padackles

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !   buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! EmptyMar 20 Jan - 15:47

jade je bave de bonheur gràce à toi !!!!

mille merci pour cette superbe traduction !!!

mon dieu que de spoilers sur supernatural season !

j'ai déjà trop hate !

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! 197610
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !   buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 ! Empty

buddytv interview sera gamble ( scénariste ) s4 !
Page 1 sur 1