Winchester Boys
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Winchester Boys

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09)

3 participants
AuteurMessage
didi*padackles
Demon
didi*padackles

Féminin
Prénom : Didi ( Amandine )
Dernier épisode vu? : 5.19 Point Of No Return
Ton frère préféré? : Dean / Sammy
Merci : 1

Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) Empty
MessageSujet: Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09)   Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) EmptyJeu 23 Avr - 19:21

voilà une nouvelle interview de Julie McNiven qui interpréte l'ange Anna dans supernatural !

source supernaturalsupport :)

il y a qlq questions sur supernatural :)

- How did you get into acting?

I started doing musicals in Jr. High and I fell in love with the stage. While doing community theatre throughout high school, I would drive to Boston for film auditions. I went to college and got a degree in theatre and then I was off to NYC.

- What kind of preparation did you have to do to play "Anna" on Supernatural? Do you find yourself taking a different acting approach, since "Anna" is an angel?

I had about a week. I approach Anna with her circumstances, wants, needs, desires and obstacles just as I would any other character. Her being an Angel doesn't change my view on how to play her.

- You mentioned you've been studying Angelic lore a bit since you landed this role. Have you found anything interesting that's shaped your view of Anna and maybe found its way into your performance?

Actually no....Those readings ended up just being for fun. I thought it may bring some insight, but came to realize that it's way more important to focus on her relationships, wants, etc...

- We have heard time and time again about how hard the cast and crew of Supernatural work. Could you give us a glimpse into "a day in the life" of the Supernatural set?

Yes, they work very hard! The crew is always there earlier than the cast and leaves after we leave. The boys end up working 70 or 80 hours a week! For me, I usually worked a 10-15 hour day. I'll have about two hours at the beginning of the day for hair and make-up. Then we'll block the first shot, wait for it to be lit, which can be 20-30 min, and shoot. We'll do a handful of takes, then move onto to more setups. It can take 3 or 4 hours to shoot a short scene. Of course, if there's any special effects or stunt work this takes a lot longer. It adds up to be quite a long day.

- What is your favorite scene you've shot on Supernatural and why was it the most memorable?

I think it's kind of strange but one of my favorite things to shoot was the hypnosis scene in 4.10. It was a lot of fun to flail around and scream....oh wait....definitely killing Uriel!

- At this point in your career, you've been on screen and stage for a long time and with a broad range of actors. Is there anyone on the set of Supernatural that you look forward to working with or perhaps an actor who intimidates or inspires you?

I've really enjoyed working with all the actors on "Supernatural." I haven't done too much with Genevieve. I'd love to work with her more.

- If you were writing the role of "Anna," is there anything you would change about her?

I wouldn't change anything, but I'd love to know where the Angels go when they disappear.

- Your role as Hildy on Mad Men allowed you to deliver some fairly snarky dialog and reveal a character who is much more than meets the eye, as did the most recent appearance on Supernatural where you save Castiel's bacon (4.16). Tell us about your tough side that helps you do so well with this part of your characters and how you bring it to your performances.

My tough side...hmmmmmm...I really don't have much of one. It's not what I'd call tough, its more that I can assert my self when I need to. I think that's why a tough, or snarky side is so fun to play.

- Supernatural fans have a reputation for being overprotective of Sam and Dean Winchester, and female characters have not always fared too well. Is this something you have been aware of and what are your impressions?

Well, I'm definitely aware that some of the fandom...ahem...hates me. But it doesn't bother me. I'm not so sensitive about stuff like that. As long as the writers and producers are happy with me, I'm happy. : )

- Did you watch Supernatural before you landed the role of "Anna" and if not, are you caught up on the show now?

I did watch the show. I am my father's daughter. I watch a lot more sci-fi shows than I ever thought I would as a kid.

- The Impala has its own following in the Supernatural community. After having been a viewer and then landing the role as Anna, what was it like to have so many scenes in and around the famous Chevy?

Ah yes, the Impala. I didn't realize how much she was her own character on the show. I don't really have much to say about her.

- How was your first convention experience? Were you nervous or excited? Did you get any advice from any of your actor/actress friends who have attended conventions?

I've done 2 so far and they've both been a lot fun. I was pretty nervous before my first but everyone was really nice and my jitters faded pretty quickly.

- You've been all over the place filming various projects. Was filming for Supernatural your first time in Vancouver? Do you like Van? What's been your favorite location so far throughout your career?

Yes it was my first time to Vancouver. I really enjoyed it there. It did get a bit dark and rainy for my taste but it couldn't have been more beautiful when the sun was shining.

- What's in high rotation on your iPod and what bands/artists have you loved to see in concert?

I love Regina Specktor, Neko Case, Nina Nastasia, Glen Hansard, The Decemberists, Belle and Sabastian

- If you were "stuck" on a desert island with one other human being between Misha Collins, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles - who would you chose?

I'd have to say Misha. He's restored a house and built a lot of his own furniture. He would be able to build a hut and perhaps even a radio make from a coconut. : )

- If you could bring one dead character back to life on Supernatural, who would it be?

Pamela! I love her!

- What is your ideal role to play?

I don't have one ideal role. The more variety I get to explore within a character and within myself, the better.

- If you had the chance to write and direct, what would you create for the cinema or television audience?

I have no idea.

- If you weren't acting, what back up career would you have?

I've never really thought too hard about a back up career. I love kids though, maybe teaching. Or, I'd have a vegan cafe.

- We'd love your recommendations on the following:

- Book you read recently

I'm in the middle of reading "Blue Latitudes...boldly going where Captain Cook has gone before" by Tony Horwitz

- TV program you can't miss

LOST

- Artist or band you love

Currently obsessed with Zooey Deschanel's "She And Him."

- Restaurant you last dined

Real Food Daily, Swingers

- In addition to Supernatural, where can we see you on screen next?

"Mad Men" season 3 will start airing in July!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.forever-jensen.skyrock.com
Caly Teller
Co-admin / Echelon 4ever ⨺
Co-admin / Echelon 4ever ⨺
Caly Teller

Féminin
Prénom : Caly Teller Gyllenhaalic & Unconditional 30STM'Fan !
Dernier épisode vu? : S15 E20 : Carry On

Ton frère préféré? : Le plus mimi : Sammy of course !!!!
Merci : 5

MessageSujet: Re: Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09)   Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) EmptyJeu 23 Avr - 21:13

Merci pour l'interview ma Didi Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) Icon_biz630

Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) 537405HisWifeBan Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) D076 Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) Act9
 "Je l'aime tellement MON JAX " ❤ || J'suis fou amoureux de MA CALY :coeur: || "J'explique jamais rien car je suis parfaite !"  Cool
❄️Bah quoi ?! C'est pas interdit de rêver !!❄️
☽O☾ ☠ Mayans MC - Sons Of Anarchy Addict ☠ ☽O☾
"Be yourself, Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Cliquez ici -> Jared Heart, mon forum sur Jared Padalecki
http://www.jaredheart.com
jade196
Exorcisted
jade196

Féminin
Dernier épisode vu? : Saison 4 en cours
Ton frère préféré? : Les deux ?...
Merci : 0

MessageSujet: Re: Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09)   Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) EmptyVen 3 Juil - 20:43

didi*padackles a écrit:
voilà une nouvelle interview de Julie McNiven qui interpréte l'ange Anna dans supernatural !

source supernaturalsupport :)

il y a qlq questions sur supernatural :)

- How did you get into acting?

I started doing musicals in Jr. High and I fell in love with the stage. While doing community theatre throughout high school, I would drive to Boston for film auditions. I went to college and got a degree in theatre and then I was off to NYC.

- What kind of preparation did you have to do to play "Anna" on Supernatural? Do you find yourself taking a different acting approach, since "Anna" is an angel?

I had about a week. I approach Anna with her circumstances, wants, needs, desires and obstacles just as I would any other character. Her being an Angel doesn't change my view on how to play her.

- You mentioned you've been studying Angelic lore a bit since you landed this role. Have you found anything interesting that's shaped your view of Anna and maybe found its way into your performance?

Actually no....Those readings ended up just being for fun. I thought it may bring some insight, but came to realize that it's way more important to focus on her relationships, wants, etc...

- We have heard time and time again about how hard the cast and crew of Supernatural work. Could you give us a glimpse into "a day in the life" of the Supernatural set?

Yes, they work very hard! The crew is always there earlier than the cast and leaves after we leave. The boys end up working 70 or 80 hours a week! For me, I usually worked a 10-15 hour day. I'll have about two hours at the beginning of the day for hair and make-up. Then we'll block the first shot, wait for it to be lit, which can be 20-30 min, and shoot. We'll do a handful of takes, then move onto to more setups. It can take 3 or 4 hours to shoot a short scene. Of course, if there's any special effects or stunt work this takes a lot longer. It adds up to be quite a long day.

- What is your favorite scene you've shot on Supernatural and why was it the most memorable?

I think it's kind of strange but one of my favorite things to shoot was the hypnosis scene in 4.10. It was a lot of fun to flail around and scream....oh wait....definitely killing Uriel!

- At this point in your career, you've been on screen and stage for a long time and with a broad range of actors. Is there anyone on the set of Supernatural that you look forward to working with or perhaps an actor who intimidates or inspires you?

I've really enjoyed working with all the actors on "Supernatural." I haven't done too much with Genevieve. I'd love to work with her more.

- If you were writing the role of "Anna," is there anything you would change about her?

I wouldn't change anything, but I'd love to know where the Angels go when they disappear.

- Your role as Hildy on Mad Men allowed you to deliver some fairly snarky dialog and reveal a character who is much more than meets the eye, as did the most recent appearance on Supernatural where you save Castiel's bacon (4.16). Tell us about your tough side that helps you do so well with this part of your characters and how you bring it to your performances.

My tough side...hmmmmmm...I really don't have much of one. It's not what I'd call tough, its more that I can assert my self when I need to. I think that's why a tough, or snarky side is so fun to play.

- Supernatural fans have a reputation for being overprotective of Sam and Dean Winchester, and female characters have not always fared too well. Is this something you have been aware of and what are your impressions?

Well, I'm definitely aware that some of the fandom...ahem...hates me. But it doesn't bother me. I'm not so sensitive about stuff like that. As long as the writers and producers are happy with me, I'm happy. : )

- Did you watch Supernatural before you landed the role of "Anna" and if not, are you caught up on the show now?

I did watch the show. I am my father's daughter. I watch a lot more sci-fi shows than I ever thought I would as a kid.

- The Impala has its own following in the Supernatural community. After having been a viewer and then landing the role as Anna, what was it like to have so many scenes in and around the famous Chevy?

Ah yes, the Impala. I didn't realize how much she was her own character on the show. I don't really have much to say about her.

- How was your first convention experience? Were you nervous or excited? Did you get any advice from any of your actor/actress friends who have attended conventions?

I've done 2 so far and they've both been a lot fun. I was pretty nervous before my first but everyone was really nice and my jitters faded pretty quickly.

- You've been all over the place filming various projects. Was filming for Supernatural your first time in Vancouver? Do you like Van? What's been your favorite location so far throughout your career?

Yes it was my first time to Vancouver. I really enjoyed it there. It did get a bit dark and rainy for my taste but it couldn't have been more beautiful when the sun was shining.

- What's in high rotation on your iPod and what bands/artists have you loved to see in concert?

I love Regina Specktor, Neko Case, Nina Nastasia, Glen Hansard, The Decemberists, Belle and Sabastian

- If you were "stuck" on a desert island with one other human being between Misha Collins, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles - who would you chose?

I'd have to say Misha. He's restored a house and built a lot of his own furniture. He would be able to build a hut and perhaps even a radio make from a coconut. : )

- If you could bring one dead character back to life on Supernatural, who would it be?

Pamela! I love her!

- What is your ideal role to play?

I don't have one ideal role. The more variety I get to explore within a character and within myself, the better.

- If you had the chance to write and direct, what would you create for the cinema or television audience?

I have no idea.

- If you weren't acting, what back up career would you have?

I've never really thought too hard about a back up career. I love kids though, maybe teaching. Or, I'd have a vegan cafe.

- We'd love your recommendations on the following:

- Book you read recently

I'm in the middle of reading "Blue Latitudes...boldly going where Captain Cook has gone before" by Tony Horwitz

- TV program you can't miss

LOST

- Artist or band you love

Currently obsessed with Zooey Deschanel's "She And Him."

- Restaurant you last dined

- In addition to Supernatural, where can we see you on screen next?

"Mad Men" season 3 will start airing in July!

Traduction !

Comment vous-êtes vous décidée pour le métier d’actrice ?
J’ai commencé à jouer dans des comédies musicales au collège et je suis tombée amoureuse de la scène. Tout en faisant du théâtre au lycée, je me rendais en voiture jusqu’à Boston pour des auditions de films. Je suis allée à l’université et j’ai eu mon diplome en théâtre avant de partir à NYC.

Comment vous-êtes vous préparée pour jouer le rôle d’Anna sur SN ? Avez-vous pris une approche différente du jeu, étant donné qu’Anna est un ange ?
J’avais environ une semaine pour me préparer. J’ai abordé le rôle d’Anna selon les circonstances, ses désirs, ses besoins et ses obstacles, comme avec tout autre personnage. Le fait qu’elle soit un ange ne change pas la manière dont je dois la jouer.

Vous avez dit que vous avez un peu étudié les mythes angéliques depuis que vous avez obtenu le rôle. Avez-vous trouvé quelque chose d’intéressant qui a façonné votre vision d’Anna et peut-être influencé votre performance ?
En fait, non... ces lectures ont juste été pour le fun. J’ai pensé que ça aurait pu m’apporter un petit aperçu mais j’ai fini par me rendre compte qu’il est beaucoup plus important de me concentrer sur ses relations et ses désirs...

On entend dire à plusieurs reprises combien le cast et le crew de SN travaillent dur. Pouvez-nous nous donner un petit aperçu d’une journée de la vie sur le plateau de SN ?
Oui, ils travaillent très dur ! le crew est toujours présent plus tôt que le cast et part toujours en dernier. Les boys finissent par travailler 70 ou 80 heures par semaine ! Pour moi, c’était d’habitude une journée de 10-15 heures. Je passe environ deux heures au début de chaque journée pour le maquillage et la coiffure. Ensuite, on bloque la première prise, on attend l’éclairage, environ 20 à 30 minutes, et on tourne. On fait une bonne poignée de prises, avant de passer à d’autres réglages. Une courte scène peut demander 3 à 4 heures de tournage. Bien sûr, s’il y a des effets spéciaux ou des cascades, ça prend beaucoup plus de temps. Ça finit par faire une journée assez longue.

Quelle est la scène que vous avez préférée tourner sur SN et pourquoi ?
Ça semble bizarre mais une des scènes que j’ai préférée tourner était la scène d’hypnose dans le 4.10. C’était amusant de gesticuler et de crier... oh attendez, sans aucun doute, tuer Uriel !

à ce point de votre carrière, vous êtes apparue à l’écran et sur scène depuis longtemps et aux côtés d’un bon nombre d’acteurs. Y a-t-il quiconque sur le plateau de SN avec qui vous êtes impatient de travailler ou êut-être un acteur qui vous intimide ou qui vous inspire ?
J’ai vraiment apprécié travailler avec tous les acteurs de SN. Je n’ai pas fait grand-chose avec Genevieve. J’adorerais travailler plus avec elle.

Si vous écriviez le rôle d’Anna, y a-t-il quelque chose que vous changeriez chez elle ?
Je ne changerais rien mais j’aimerais savoir où les anges vont quand ils disparaissent.

Le rôle de Hildy dans Mad Men vous a permis de livrer des dialogues assez sarcastiques et révèle un personnage qui laisse voir plus qu’il ne parait, tout comme votre dernière apparition dans SN où vous sauvez Castiel (4.16). parlez-nous de ce côté dur qui vous aide à jouer si bien cette parite de vos personnages et de la manière dont a influence vos performances.
Mon côté dur ... Hmmm ... Je n’en ai pas vraiment. Ce n’est pas ce que j’appellerai dur, c’est plus que ce que je peux exprimer quand il le faut. Je crois que c’est la raison pour laquelle c’est si amusant de jouer le côté dur ou sarcastique.

Les fans de SN ont la réputation d’être très protecteurs envers Sam et Dean et les personnages féminins n’ont pas toujours été bien traités. Est-ce quelque chose dont vous avez eu connaissance et quelle sont vos impressions ?
Et bien, je suis très bien consciente du fait que certains fans ... me détestent. Mais ça ne me dérange pas. Je ne suis pas aussi sensible au sujet de ce genre de choses. Du moment que les scénaristes et les producteurs sont satisfaits de moi, je suis heureuse. :)

Regardiez-vous SN avant d’avoir obtenu le rôle d’Anna et si non, avez-vous rattrapé la série maintenant ?
Je regardais en effet la série. Je suis la fille de mon père. Je regarde beaucoup plus de séries SF que je n’aurais pensé quand j’étais plus jeune.

L’Impala possède son propre public dans la communauté SN. Après avoir été téléspectatrice et obtenu ensuite le rôle d’Anna, quel effet ça a fait de tourner autant de scènes dans et autour de la fameuse Chevy Impala ?
Ah oui, l’Impala. Je ne réalisais pas à quel point elle était un vrai personnage de la série. Je n’ai pas vraiment grand-chose à dire sur elle.

Comment s’est passé votre première convention ? Étiez-vous nerveuse ou excitée ? Avez-vous demandé conseil auprès d’un de vos amis acteurs ou actrices qui aurait participé à des conventions ?
J’en ai fait deux jusqu’à présent et je m’y suis beaucoup amusée. J’étais assez nerveuse avant la première mais tout le monde a été très gentil et mon trac s’est envolé assez rapidement.

Vous avez bougé un peu partout pour tourner vos divers projets. Etait-ce la première fois que vous êtes allée à Vancouver pour tourner SN ? Aimez-vous Vancouver ? Quel a été votre lieu de tournage préféré dans votre carrière ?
Oui, c’était ma première fois à Vancouver. J’ai vraiment aimé. A mon goût, il fait un peu sombre et pluvieux mais ça ne pouvait pas être plus magnifique quand le soleil brillait.

Qu’est-ce qui tourne en ce moment dans votre iPod et quels sont les artistes que vous avez aimé voir en concert ?
J’adore Regina Specktor, Neko Case, Nina Nastasia, Glen Hansard, The Decemberists, Belle and Sebastian.

Si vous étiez coincée sur une île déserte avec un autre être humain, qui serait-il entre Misha Collins, Jared Padalecki et Jensen Ackles ?
Je dirais Misha. Il a restauré une maison et construit une bonne partie de ses meubles. Il serait capable de construire une cabane et peut-être même une radio à partir d’une noix de coco. :)

Si vous pouviez ramener à la vie un personnage de SN, qui serait-il ?
Pamela ! Je l’adore !

Quel serait votre rôle idéal ?
Je n’ai pas de rôle idéal. Plus on me donne à explorer chez un personnage et moi-même, mieux c’est.

Si vous aviez l’occasion d’écrire et de mettre en scène, qu’est-ce que vous créeriez pour le cinéma ou la télévision ?
Je n’en ai aucune idée.

Si vous n’étiez pas actrice, quelle carrière de secours auriez-vous mené ?
Je n’ai jamais vraiment pensé à une carrière de secours. Cependant, j’aime les enfants, donc peut-être que je serais devenue enseignante. Ou alors, j’aurais tenu un café végétarien.

Quelles seraient vos recommandations parmi les propositions suivantes :
- le dernier livre que vous avez lu ?

Je suis au milieu de "Blue Latitudes...boldly going where Captain Cook has gone before" de Tony Horwitz.

– Le programme télé que vous ne pouvez pas rater?
LOST

Artiste ou groupe que vous adorez
Actuellement, je suis obsédée par ‘She and Him’ de Zooey Deschanel.

Le dernier restaurant dans lequel vous avez dîné

En plus de Sn, où peut-on vous voir à l’écran ?
Mad Men, la saison 3 sera diffusée en juillet !

Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) Spnhel10
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09)   Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09) Empty

Julie McNiven interview (23/05/09)
Page 1 sur 1